Monday, April 20, 2015

Hudson Falls #3 "faithnotshaken"

"I'm on a roller coaster that only goes up." -TFIOS

Dear Family,

I am so full of gratitude right now, I am bursting :) This whole week has been so filled with tender mercies and miracles as the Lord has seen us working harder than ever before. and working hard even when it's been discouraging.

I'm sorry I've been so bad at updating you on everything for that past.. month, but I am slowly coming back to life again and it is great!!

So, I never told you about transfer calls. I'm excited I'm staying in H.F. with Sister North as STLS!!! Wahoo! I've been in the same district my whole mission and me and the new zone leader, Elder Holt are competing to see who can stay in the zone the longest :) Elder Holt and Elder Sanders are the zone leaders now. Bennington's staying the same and so are the elders in our unit in Glens Falls! But, the most exciting news is that Sister Collette is a STL too!!!!!! I have been waiting for this day because the mission needs that woman to be in leadership. I don't know what was taking them so long! This means we can call each other and that we'll see each other at MLC in two weeks! The APs sent out the list of STL numbers and a few minutes later we get a call.... SISTER COLLETTE!!! I was pooping my pants. Love her.

We had a great week to start off #dreamteam transfer. We never ever thought we'd be together but we're working hard to show Pres. that we're NOT just gonna party.... we're mixing in party with work. Because I've been a little bit on the poopy side from last transfer, we do fun things during our working! We made a sick blanket fort during our lunch break, sing really loud as we tract, planned outside so we could get tan (fried.. ha), started going on morning adventures through the woods (aka exercise) and found the most gorgeous magical land, we make up songs and music videos... the list goes on and on! 

At the beginning of this week, we weren't having tons of luck. Just no one was home! But we kept trying our best and at the end of the week, the Lord opened doors for us that we never thought would open!!!

  • Jeff: We met him at the Glens Falls library, he whispered at the computers that he liked my nametag, I thought he liked my sweater, but we eventually just figured out that he loves Jesus! We followed him like spies out of the library and started talking to him. He's studying to be a pastor. He's 42. We've met with him twice and think he just wants to learn but he seemed serious about reading the BoM so the Spirit will work on him through that if he's really reading so we'll see!
  • Rudy: Met him as we walked out the G.F. library too! We meet all these people in the elders area... I don't like sharing an area. It's weird. He called out to me and said he'd met with a little blonde sister a year ago... Sister Gochnour! I love meeting people who knew and loved my little friend. Rudy's from Manhattan and it felt EXACTLY like Manhattan as we talked with him. One of my fav little moments so far in H.F. I love when people say my name with an accent. Hallsted like Hallie. He's a total hippie!! and oh, he's black. We took the elders with us to his house yesterday and watched the Restoration dvd. He was talking all about aliens and big foot and stuff. Elder Kelly thinks he's crazy, but he's totally not. He just hasn't been taught anything about religion so he just doesn't know. We had to give him to the elders because he's in their area. You're welcome boys. Now they have one investigator! I'm bummed cuz I know Rudy and I would connect well with my hippieness.
  • Jackson: Getting baptized May 9th!!! He's unbelievably amazing. He's the man from Bennington. He still lives out of his car and travels the world and is still in love with me but respects my missoinary-ness enough to have it not be creepy. He's doing so well!
  • Katrina and Laurie: Mom and daughter. Formers! We stopped by and they want us to teach them again! They kept talking about how much of a miracle it was for us to come at this time. Looove when that happens!

Ugh! no time to write about our miracles but it's great finding these new people this week!

Love you all and thanks for the support! It means soooo much.

Love, Sister Hallsted

#faithnotshaken Jacob 7:5 My favorite scripture right now

No comments:

Post a Comment