Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Hudson Falls #11 "PARTAYYYYYYYY!"

Brynn claims she is working. I think she just knows how to turn work into play! I hesitate to let future missionaries read these because her mission seems so great all the time! It's definitely not easy but she knows how to make the best of any situation.   ~Julie

She has a great baptism story this week! To see posts and video about Jim's baptism and Brynn singing hymns to him, and having PDay at Six Flags Great Escape, check out Jim Willig on Facebook and The Baptism of Jim Willig on Facebook. He has cancer and is going through chemo but is still a devoted father, and loves his family and knows how to have a good time. He planned his baptism, refreshments, invited everyone, and Dr. King who he hadn't seen for 20 years, but who had given him the Book of Mormon, flew out from Colorado to baptize him. Dr. King texted me photos afterwards.

Dear Mom,

We really are working :) I promise!!! Work wise... this week was a little rough. We didn't get to see the Rougies (but Josh did agree to do FB lessons too), we've officially turned Jackson over to the New Jersey Sisters and Jace dropped us! I don't know if he was quite ready yet anyways. We'll see him all the time still cuz he's the elder's next door neighbor so we'll say hi when we're going to the elder's apartment to use the bathroom. But lots of our usually solid people didn't follow through with the times we set up with them. We made a bigger focus on being exactly obedient this week and we had an awesome miracle on Tuesday... but then the rest of the week kind of sucked. But I guess it was a reminder that we shouldn't be exactly obedient for the blessings, but because we love the Lord and always want to do what He wants us to do. We trust that as long as we're doing His will, it will all work out. It always does work out so the lack of awesomeness about this week doesn't worry me. It was just one of those weeks.

It would be impossible to tell you about each and every investigator in our areas, but one of them died. She had cancer so it was a good thing. Sharlotte. We went to her funeral with our other investo Maria. Super sad and awkward to be there as missionaries.

Wednesday, we had district meeting. It was amazing. Our district leader, Elder Moss, is amazing. He and Elder Lin came with us to Glens Falls after so they could interview Jim. We went to Angelina's pizza first of course and then the interiew was at Jim's house cuz he was starting chemo, like, as we arrived. Which was weird. I hate seeing him on that :( Me, Sister N and Elder Lin tanned with our feet in the pool while they had the interview and Jim's ma came out and joined us too! Haha! I don't know if that's allowed but it was amazing. Had to have a photo shoot of course. Jim passed the interview. Duh. He's a rock star. This week was way more of a party than I realized!!! SOOOO fun!!! Shirley, Jim's mom, is on the end :)

That night we dyed my hair darker brownish red, the same color you dye yours mom, whilst fulfilling our STL duties and calling our sisters and then we read the Book of Mormon out loud :) We're trying to read it out loud whenever we can because I'm obsessed with it! I loooove it. Woot Woot! 


Friday, we drove way super far for dinner with the Droddys. They're so cool! I was sick on the whole ride so that was miserable and they just talked to Sister North the whole time about softball and the only time I spoke was giving the spiritual thought, but I kind of enjoyed just watching everyone talk. It was one of the best member lessons I've ever had and I think I really needed that right then cuz I've kind of been a bum about members my whole mission and I've never liked dinner appointments.

Saturday we helped Sister McCormick move. We couldn't stay very long cuz I had to go to urgent care right after cuz we couldn't find any other time that day. But I got put in this super cool underwater room!


Tick problems.... I talked to Dr. Braithwaite a few times this week. He sent me to Urgent Care on Saturday, they sent me to the hospital to do some blood tests but I guess the lab was closed on the weekends, then we were at Great Escape all day Monday so we're going right after this. I really don't want to go, but it's just to make sure nothing else is wrong and to know if/what antibiotics I need to be on next. I can feel that all is fine though and I think everyone's over reacting. I'm mostly just sick/annoyed of being sick!

Monday..... WE WENT TO THE GREAT ESCAPE (SIX FLAGS)!!!! All who went: Me, Sister North, Bennington sisters: Sister Blahd and Yancey, Dylan and DANIELLE Behunin!!!!, Barrett boys, Brianna (who get baptized like a few days after I left Benn!), Jim, zone leaders Elder Sanders and Holt, district leader Elder Moss and Elder Lin, Greenwich branch prez and his wife and like tons of other people from Greenwich that I don't know. I rode everything and everyone was shocked :) Danielle and I got left behind at one point and got to ride alone and it was just the greatest thing ever. We can't believe that I've gotten to see her twice since leaving Bennington! I miss her a lot. Look up Jim Willig on Facebook to see videos and pictures of us! I just looked and he put TONS on of us at the Great Escape! It was too much fun.

Hey! This is us talking to Sarah the librarian! She was sooo excited to see us! See how gorgeous she is. She made this dress. We're like twins. She says we're going to have a costume party soon and count that as our library "service" :)

It basically was like being at Lagoon with all of your favorite people ever. We couldn't go on any of the rides where you get wet of course and Pres. Wirthlin didn't come. We called the assistants while we were on a roller coaster like we promised. Just to make them jealous. 

This Friday is Jim's baptism!!! 

And Next Monday we're going to the SPAC (Saratoga Performing Arts Center) to see Motab!!! We just found out that Albany zone is coming too. It's going to be way too much fun. Then we have MLC that Friday. Meet Prez Rogers and his wife. Then drive to Albany stake center for both zones to meet him. Party. 

My life is SO good :)

Love,
Sister Hallsted







No comments:

Post a Comment