Monday, July 27, 2015

Oswego #1: "Off We Go to Oswego"

Dear Familia....

Once upon a time, I was driving with Sister Yancey through gorgeous Vermont on an exchange and we're talking about how I've been in this district for so long. Nine months, wow. I almost say to her "I think I'm ready to move on." but I decided that maybe God would hear that and actually move me onto a new place.... well, it turns out God hears everything and He agreed with me. I guess it was time to move on. I got a call a few hours later and was told there was going to be an emergency transfer. I was being sent to Oswego with Sister Baxter because there was some undignified business going on. Honestly, I didn't hear any of that in that phone call. I just heard I was leaving Sister Hansen and I started to cry.  Missionaries here have asked me how it was being with her or "Eyebrows" and I want to cry because nobody understands her. I tell them it was the best two weeks of my mission. If those two weeks were given to me to meet my darling Sister Hansen, then the sadness of leaving her is all worth it to me. Totally.

So, we ended the exchange quickly. I still got to see Charlann. Oh my gosh, we just cried and hugged each other. She's pretty much the only person I got to see. Oh, and the Johnsons, but Leah wasn't even there. Bummer.

So, I said goodbye to the Glens Falls people. Immediately I started to see so many lessons learned from this call to ET. I shouldn't have taken so long to love the people in the Falls because I just barely feel like I got to the point where I had so much love for them. I can't ever waste that time again. I have already found a few people that I love here in Oswego so I am sure more love will come... with a lot of work for a few of them that have already decided to hate me. Goody.

Friday morning, we did the ET. Weird travel plans. The APs drove us basically the whole way. I think it was like a 4 hour drive then another hour in the car with Sister Baxter. Sister Hansen I think died on the drive there. I am worried sick about her. Probably one of the most stressful parts of this whole situation for me because I love her so much.

So, Sister Baxter just unloaded everything on me. She's had no one but President to talk to for the past three days because her comp wouldn't, but as she felt so much weight lifted off of her, I felt the weight of it all put upon me. Undignified behavior my butt! I obviously won't say anything, but there is a lot of rebuilding to do. Yeah, that's what I'd call this whole Oswego Adventure... Rebuild.

I got a great break of being a normal missionary for two weeks. Everytime I get released from being an STL, I get ETed. Haha Whatever! Now I am over EIGHT sisters. More than any STL. Jeepers. There's so much more to tell, but basically I can feel the Lord blessing me. The Lord is truly strengthening me as I have learned on my mission that He always does! So so extremely grateful for past experiences that have showed me that I can truly do all things through Christ. I love you all!!! 

Thank you for your prayers. They are much needed.

Love, Sister Hallsted

Brynnington. Makes me very happy. In Oswego…
Inline image 1

No comments:

Post a Comment