Monday, September 14, 2015

Oswego #8 “Remember when my subject lines used to be cool & hipster?”

Dear Familia,

You guys are the best! Thanks for the packages and prayers and letters and such! I love you all! And guess what! I am alive. As of right now, things are actually really good! This week I worked on having positive thoughts about things to match what I am showing on the outside and that has made a huge difference. We had two exchanges this week and I left for both of them. To Fayetteville and Liverpool. They were SUCH wonderful and inspired exchanges! Now, I am going to be so sad when I am finally done being a Sister Training Leader and we feel that that time is coming to an end. I leave again this week for Auburn on another exchange.

I am having faith and I really have higher hopes than ever that this time that things really are improving. I know that the exchanges we went on were totally inspired by the Lord because they couldn't have been better fitting. The exchanges I have been on this transfer has made me so excited! We have some awesome, obedient, hard working sisters in the Syracuse Zone this transfer! They mostly needed faith boosting because they really are working pretty hard, but they are somewhat discouraged by their results. It's also exciting to see how the success we've seen so quickly in Oswego is inspiring them. That shows a lot of the character of the sisters that we're over and that they understand that this truly is the Lord's work. Not ours.


So, today has been the most adventurous day we've had in quite a while! Bahaha Let me help you understand all my crazy pictures from the week. So, all the Syracuse, Liverpool and Fayetteville missionaries play basketball each Monday morning at 6 am and for some reason Sister Baxter really wanted to go today. Wahoo. Anyways, we drove to the Fulton elders suuuper early (and on the way, it was a huge rainstorm and I accidentally destroyed this guy on the side of the road with a huge puddle. I was screaming and also laughing so hard. So was Sister Baxter! It was like a movie. Poor guy was drenched with mud ha!) anyways, we then to Syracuse and surprised them all with our presence! I tried playing basketball and they were all nice to me as usual, but then I found this giant pile of clothes that I guess the church got from some old lady that had just passed away. They were AMAZING! It was like I was back home playing dress up :) So I did a modeling photo shoot for Sister Hale. Then Elder Patterson joined me, then other elders that were out of the game right then, then slowly, basketball stopped and all the elders were putting on these old clothes. It was crazy!!! It so reminded me of being at home!!! And they loved it! We had a photo shoot but they continued to play in their skirts and fancy shoulder pad jackets. Hahaha Never ever again. Then I took some of the clothes... I don't know if that was okay either... It made my life.


And then, all the other missionaries went back to their homes to get ready for the day so while we waited for Destiny USA mall to open, we went to try and get into the Carrier Dome (sp?) on the Syracuse Campus. None of the other missionaries got in and they told us we couldn't. I told them that I had learned from my mom that it never hurts to ask. I guess all of her success stories inspired them! Because we asked the right people and got in! And the other place is the Carmelo Anthony stadium. I think?? The elders were freaking out but of course I had no clue why it was cool :) We also stopped at Funkin' Waffles on campus to show the elders how amazing it is. Then we went to the mall and met all the Syracuse elders back there. I was super sick. I had to go to the bathroom four times all before the 'Cuse elders came. I have been sick basically my whole mission, but especially lately. I can hardly eat at all anymore but I only have 7 months left so I'll just fix this when I get home. I felt so annoying and awful. But I took some medicine and prayed like crazy and felt okay after what felt like forever.  We all went glow in the dark mini golfing and shockingly, I owned everyone. Basically, it was a great day and we are pooped out! Literally!


I have faith this this week will be a good one. Things are looking up! I absolutely adore exchanges. Especially because they have all been with sisters that are three transfers out or younger. SO so fun to see their excitement about being a missionary! Guys, I want to train so badly this next transfer, but I also really want to be an STL again because Elder Bennet is coming from the Seventy and he's going to do an MLC after he does half mission conferences again. I want to be there so badly!! But, whatever the Lord has planned for me, even if it means staying with Sister Baxter another transfer, I will be happy. I think I've finally realized that there's no point in worrying or really even thinking about what's going to happen at transfers because it is always what the Lord knows is best. if anyone knows that, it's me... what with all my crazy mission history. My transfers are all messed up and I don't even remember how many transfers I served where anymore!

I love you all so very much. I feel like I've only told you the struggles lately, but I hope you all know how much I adore being a missionary. I have never been happier in my life. I love the people, I love the trees, I love the Spirit, and most of all, I love the Lord so very much. I told each sister I went with on exchanges this transfer. No matter how hard parts of my mission have been, I wouldn't change any of it because it has all brought me so close to my Savior and I truly cherish any experience that brings me closer to Him.

Sure love you all too,

Sister Brynn Hallsted


Ps. When we signed into the Carmelo what's his face place, Elder Patterson signed all our names and as we passed, I saw that he wrote my name as "Brynn Poopsted". Ahahaha! Because I had been so sick that day. Rude! So I have yet another nick name now. Sister Poopsted. So proud.



Us in 'Cuse.

us with nicole Papa. Hyrum's future wife.


Had fun decorating the board while my sisters had their DL interviews haha



After our exchange!
Me and Sister Searle. My favorite person ever!!!! She's a brand new missionary and so prepared and excited about everything. We're in Chittenango where the man who wrote Wizard of Oz was from. After we took this picture, we talked to the old man who took it and the sisters are going over this week to teach him now! Wahoo! He is so cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment