Monday, January 18, 2016

Oswego #26 “Broken Bows and Broken Hearts”

Sorry I'm emailing so late! The library's closed so we're emailing at the Rowley's before dinner. I don't think we have much time so I'll write as much as I can!

This week was a good one. We didn't put as much time into finding as we should have, so that was sad. But we're planning to make sure to leave time this week! Our wonderful miracle investigator, Jackie, is doing great!! She is amazing and so faithful. She's still being baptized on January 30th with one of the elder's investigators as well. We got to talk to her husband this week and slowly he is showing more interest! So exciting! He's really supportive of her. I know he'll soon start officially investigating. Especially after he feels the Spirit at the baptism! Jackie keeps praying that I don't get transferred. Haha But we're telling her it's all what the Lord wants.

On Wednesday, Sister Saunders broke her $500 bow. That was really really rough. I felt awful because I felt like I put a lot of pressure on her to bring it everywhere even when she's worried about it being cold in the car and play for everyone. It broke while she was playing a hard song that I told her to practice for me. I felt really bad. But everything's going to be fine. Another bow will be made soon, but in the meantime she's borrowing one from her first violin teacher who lives in Auburn. What a blessing! This experience really changed things for Sister Saunders. Somehow that helped her see what blessings the Lord gives her. She's realized that maybe she's been doing things for the wrong reasons and she's feeling so happy now that everything she does, even playing the violin, is for the Lord! It's been awesome! I have always been a big believer in blessings from trials and that just strengthened my belief. The Lord is SO good to His disciples and is always working for our benefit (2 Nephi 26:24). Thank you for praying for her. And for me! Things are wonderful.
I sure love you all! Remember Jesus loves you and so do I!!!

Love,

Sister Hallsted

Ps. Happy Birthday to Quinn!!!!
Pps. We're having a world wide missionary conference this Wednesday called "Teaching Repentance and Baptizing Converts" ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh There are not enough 'ah's to express my excitement. I'll tell you how it goes!

Sister Saunders broke her $500 bow Wednesday morning! It was AWFUL. She was crying and I felt so bad so I was crying. It was bad.
But then I laughed at her and read Nephi 16 and sketched a quick picture of her as she cried on her violin case. I know, kind of mean, but she thought it was funny. She's getting a new one and borrowing one till it comes!





No comments:

Post a Comment