Monday, February 29, 2016

Cooperstown #4 "He's a Mormon... you know how they are about Leap Day."

Feeding the baby lambs!
Hello my dear family!

Happy Leap Day! My weird subject line is a quote from Meet the Mormons if you didn't already recognize it. It's one of the few movies we can watch so I  have it memorized! It's one of my favorites ever!

Oh, also, some of you noticed my Facebook is being weird lately. I don't hate any of you! Facebook is just kicking me out of missionary life and asking me to change my name back to Brynn Hallsted. Hah! I'm trying to figure it out, but I may have to be done with Facebook until I get home because I don't want to make a new one. We'll see!

Anyways, this was a pretty good week. I ADORE COOPERSTOWN. Really, I feel overwhelmed with gratitude to the Lord for placing me here. I should really express my thanks more. I feel like I've been complaining so much and I'm sorry!

This last week was a little slower with the finding and many of our new investigators have been hard to reach, which is not unusual.  But we shared the Restoration with them and know that a seed has been planted! I haven't been feeling very well, which hasn't slowed down the work just made it a little less enjoyable for me.

We've been bringing members to our lessons, especially with the families that we have started to teach! It always seems to make things extra chaotic! Haha! But the members really are doing a great job of fellowshipping. Hopefully they can come to church next week. They'll have great fellowshippers!

This one lesson with the Rudloff family was the craziest lesson of my life!!! I am still laughing about it! Sister Jones the younger came with us (she's too cute and such a good member missionary) because she's in the Young Women's so she'll be Stephanie's leader. Stephanie didn't even come until the end though. We forgot about her because of the craziness. So, the Rudloff family: Paola (mom), Danny (16), Mikey (15) and Stephanie (12). Mikey and Danny both had friends over and so they alllll came downstairs and surrounded the kitchen table. We taught like 6 teenage boys about the Plan of Salvation. No time! i'll write it to you in a letter!

This week the missionaries, branch mission leader and branch missionaries are doing a fast with each person taking one day of the week. We should see many miracles! This area really has tons of potential and the members are ready to work to build the Lord's Kingdom here in Oneonta! But we need direction on where to go and what the Lord wants us more to do to find the families that the Lord is preparing to receive the gospel. We know we will find them! It's just a really exciting time. Also a very humbling time as I'm trying to make sure I'm always worthy to receive those important promptings from the Holy Ghost. We're listening closely for every prompting and acting quickly on them.

The highlight of my week was doing our usual Tues and Friday service at the Joseph's little "farm". I LOVE SHEEP. Who knew? And I adopted Little Lambikins, the little black sheep I sent a picture of last week. I got to feed him and hold him and I couldn't stop thinking about him. I was so excited to go back on Friday and see him again, but when we went to the shed, Renata was there and said she had some bad news that was going to be hard for me. Little Lambikins didn't make it through the cold that night :( So sad. We were going to have a really intense lesson with them that day too, but postponed it because she was so sad about the lamb. I may regret that, but we'll have it tomorrow. The Josephs are my greatest love and they just addddddore me. They haven't made a lot of progress though and so it's hard to think we may have to discontinue teaching them... Don't know how it's going to work with the farm…

Everything is going great in Cooperstown! The potential is very exciting for me!

Thanks for all your help and support! I SUUUUUUUURE LOVE YA!

Love,
Sister Hallsted

P.S. The mission office just texted us and I guess you can all send letters straight to our address now! Hooray for simplicity in this mission!!! My address is 165-167 Main St. #3W Cooperstown, NY 13326 Now you can totes google maps my adorable little apartment ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment