Monday, April 11, 2016

Cooperstown #10 “From Pooperstown to Cooperstown!”



Did I already use that dumb joke? Can't remember…

Hello Family!

I have so much to say and so little time! This week we went to blitz the STLs in New Hartford and as a special treat we got to stay in the mission home that night! Hooray for bed bugs in the STLs apartment! I love it! We had ZTM the next day so it just worked out perfectly. Since we were having interviews with President Rogers at ZTM, he decided to just interview us before we went to bed Thursday night. Man, that was the most amazing interview of my life. He said it didn't have to be long because he's interviewing me for my departing interview in a few weeks, but I made it go on for like 30 minutes by having a break down! Hahaha I don't enjoy doing that, but as I apologized for crying, he said "Why do you think I keep that tissue box right there?" I look to my left and there's this big tissue box. Haha I love him and Sister Rogers so much. I'm working on a beautiful drawing of Sister Rogers right now. I love her!

ZTM of course was wonderful. President told me we were going to talk about being "the urgent missionary" and that it was going to be hard for me, but he also included Alma 26 and talked about not being discouraged when it gets hard. He looked at me like the entire time! At one point, he was talking about how fast missions go by and of course I already have tears in my eyes, but he turns the attention on me and says, "Sister Hallsted knows this. She doesn't even want to think about it right now!" He thought that was funny :) At ZTM, everyone made me very aware that it was my last one. It actually felt real for the first time! But it's gone back to feeling like I'm going to be doing missionary life forever here in NY :)

We have seen miracles since we were in Utica! We found 7 new investigators this week! And things went SO WELL with the Weeks family! The husband wants the whole family baptized immediately, but they're not sure. They're willing to give it another try though. Yayayaya!!!! I'm now more motivated than ever to build this area. Sister Trapane is as well! Tuesday through Friday are totally booked for us in this upcoming week! That makes me so so happy! We actually have return appointments with the newer investigators we have found. It's also interesting that we've been invited to three different churches scripture study classes. The Episcopal church, the Jehovah's Witnesses, and the Quakers (I love the Quakers!). This has never happened to me my whole mission. I think it's a great opportunity though!

We're very excited for this week!

Gosh, I have so much to say, but no time! A lot more weirdos wanting to marry us or destroy our testimonies. I'm keeping a detailed journal and I'll inform you all at some point! Thank you so much all of your help, love and support. And PRAYERS! I truly am so grateful for it. I sure love you all!!!!

Love,
Sister Hallsted
P.S. The best part of my week was an unexpected call from SISTER SAUNDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is no end to my love for that lady. It was all done in obedience though. They had a potential to give to us. But of course we talked for like 45 minutes! Haha I miss her so so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment